Friday, March 9, 2018

This I Know {This I Know}

(photo taken out our kitchen window a couple of months ago)

“…but those who trust in the LORD will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not become weary, they will walk and not faint.”
Isaiah 40:31 (CSB)

I have been thinking lately about the messages I want to share through my blog. Although most folks just do not comment on blogs these days, I do know that I have at least some visitors (about 2,000/month), and maybe someone who visits needs to hear some little something I share.

Perhaps I am at the “season of life” (a term over-used by me here lately…hmmm…) when I want to feel like I have made a difference in some way. I don’t view that as a bad thing, as long as I allow God to direct me in the ways I should do that.

Oh, that wonderful verse about soaring like eagles, running and not being weary, walking and not being faint! I love the idea of soaring, even though I can’t physically fly, running without being tired (just as unlikely for me as flying, frankly), and I can personally relate to walking (hello Fitbit) without being “faint.”

I want to finish well.

My trust IS in the Lord.

So, that promise is mine!

I’m grabbing on to it!!

Members in our very special small group a few years ago commented to me that they appreciated the life lessons I often shared with them during our time together. It helped me realize that having lived a full (okay, a “long”) life as a Christ-follower has resulted in a storehouse of lessons learned.

Sometimes those lessons were learned from seeing others’ mistakes. Sometimes the lessons were directly taught to me by a spiritual mentor. But sometimes those lessons were learned the hard way—by personal experience, maybe even through heartache, pain and sorrow.

No matter the source of the lesson learned, I am realizing that I have a series of mini-sermons stored up (from those experiences), and I feel safe to share some of those here, because, after all, it is MY blog, and it is not required reading (ha).

A new category for my blog is now “This I Know.” I will use that “tag” when I post one of those “mini-sermons.”

#ThisIKnow #LessonsLearned #LifeLessons #GodistheBestTeacher #SharindMyHeart

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I love this idea! Thank you for sharing your heart and for the free wisdom.

Barbara said...

Thank you for the compliment!